This lovely GNUGNU cake is so yummy! It lasts like chocolate cream – it is so creamy and bubbly – and does gnu gnu! It is a delicious Italian dessert that your kids will love it! Plus, it is very easy and simple to prepare. Here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 250 grams’ butter
- 200 grams’ sugar
- 350 grams’ dark chocolate
- 5 eggs
- 100 grams’ cake flour/Italian flour 00
For the filling:
- 100 grams’ mascarpone
- 100 grams Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour a 26/28 cm baking dish. Set aside.
- In a pan over a low heat, melt the butter and the chopped chocolate until smooth.
- Meanwhile, separate the yolks from the white. Using an electric mixer, beat the yolks with the sugar until yellow and pale. Fold in the melted chocolate while continuing to mix to incorporate. Then, gently apply the flour and whisk to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until thick and creamy. Then, combine with the flour and chocolate mixture. Set aside.
- Now, prepare the filling: In a bowl, add the mascarpone cheese and Nutella and beat shortly to incorporate.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the baking pan, then apply the mascarpone and Nutella mixture. Spread the remaining batter and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Make sure do not overbake it – he cakes are damp, so it will not come out dry, but with a few crumbs attached. Remove and cool in the pan for 15 minutes then turn off on a serving dish and cool completely.
- Before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar or decorate with chocolate shavings or chocolate sauce (if desired).