These cute tiny Oreo truffles are so easy to prepare and very delicious! If you like Oreo cookies, then this quick recipe is the ideal thing for you! Simple to prepare and so tasty – surprise your family or friends with this amazing dessert. Here is the recipe:
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cold
- 3 Oreos, crushed (without the filling) – for garnish
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax or parchment (one for the rolled truffles before dipping them in chocolate, and the other for the cookies after they are dipped); set aside.
- Next, in a food processor or blender, process Oreos into a fine crumb.
- Transfer to a large bowl and apply cream cheese. Using an electric mixer, on low speed, beat shortly just to combine. Roll the mixture into balls and apply on one of the prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate the baking sheet for 10 minutes until the truffles are firm. (In the meantime, you can crush 3 Oreos to sprinkle on top after the cookies are dipped).
- Then, in a small saucepan, apply chocolate and melt on low heat. When melted, remove the baking sheet from the fridge, turn off the heat and dip each truffle in the melted chocolate (not removing the saucepan from the heat).
- Carefully apply them 1-inch apart on the 2nd prepared baking sheet. You can sprinkle some crushed Oreos on top (optional). When you are done, allow the coated truffles to set up on the counter for around 20 minutes.
- Leave them at room temperature if you are serving the truffles the same day. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use (if the truffles are being made ahead).
- Just take them out 20 minutes ahead of time so the cookies will soften up.