This dream chocolate cake without eggs recipe is so simple and easy to prepare – and the result is well moist, chocolatey, delicious cake that doesn’t include eggs. It is ideal for people who are taking care of their weight and those who suffer from egg intolerance. Here is the recipe:
- 200 grams’ all-purpose flour
- 250 grams’ sugar
- 75 grams’ bitter cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 380 ml whole milk
- 50 ml orange juice
- 40 ml seed oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- To garnish: icing sugar or chocolate shaving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 325°F/Gas Mark 3. Grease and flour a 24 cm round baking dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with sugar, then add the baking powder and sifted cocoa and combine.
- Next, pour the milk with the orange juice, oil and vanilla essence into the bowl with the dry ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon until you get a nice, homogeneous batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Place into the hot oven and cook for 35 minutes. Remove and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes then turn off on a serving dish and let it cool completely.
- Once cooked, check with the schnitzel test, turn over the cake of a serving dish and let it cool. Before serving, sprinkle with the icing sugar or chocolate shavings (if desired). Slice and serve.