Royal icing is a nice, decorative, refreshing part of many cookies, cheesecakes, and cakes. This is the simplest and easiest royal icing recipe that you can make it in any color you like. Here is the recipe:
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (any whole, soy, rice, or almond)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- A few drops of food color (if desired)
- In a blender, mix confectioner’s sugar and milk until it’s lump-free. Add extract and corn syrup and continue to mix until smooth for around a minute. If desired, you can add a few drops of certain food color.
- If it’s very thick, add a few drops of water. And of it’s very thin, place some more confectioner’s sugar.
- Royal icing should to some extent hold its shape for a count of 15. Ice your cookies or cakes.